Friday, December 2, 2011

New Day, New Way

Allas...

I got over my doubtfulness and became more open minded overnight. With my previous internship the whole fashion industry looked cold and cheap. " Was this what I was really going to devote my life to?" , I questioned myself. It was surely not the industry I have dreamt of growing up.


NEW BUILDING &REGION
OF WORKPLACE ( WATERFRONT) 
That all changed when I began my new internship in the gorgeous region of Chelsea at Karla Otto. The 13 story silver loft stood out of the other red brick buildings the moment I got off the subway. It was an easy find. As I entered the building... as usual I was too early....so.... I waited ...and waited... for 30 more min until my boss entered through the elevator door in his alien size headphones and famous bright smile. Minutes later.. the usual.. he introduced me to the rest of the employees.
Old Neighbourhood

Old Neighbourhood

Last day of internship #1
( Winter Editorial Photoshoot)
It was a breath of fresh air for me. My old job I worked with 3 employees ( 1 Boss, 1 worker, 1 intern)... here there were boss's, co - boss's, assistants and finally the lowest of the low...
the interns. And you know what? The interns were NORMAL like me. No ivy league / boarding school history. Simply hardworking, poor/ normal girls and the one beautiful french boy ( probably gay too tho.. thats's the unfortunate predictable part of the fashion industry).

View on West Side of clothing racks
Right to the right you can see the
New York Hotel & Empire State Building!



Loved this dress..& the thousand others!
Showroom 1/2 side ( best panoramic view)

And my obsession with the views continue
onto the waterfront 
Next time I will show pictures of the
bridge from the kitchen!

Skipping the tutorials I had to learn....

2 Hours later. There I sat in front of this magnificent waterfront skyline towering view of Manhattan. I could not believe it. I came here only 2 weeks ago and moved from one smaller cool building to this amazing place. The panoramic view made my daydreams worthwhile.


My mini tasks of the day included :

1) Picking up items from Vogue Japan !!! ( their messengers were late)
2) Drop off million dollar jewelry ( the boss trusted me over all other interns.. just after 1 previous delivery.. I felt honoured haha)
3) Drop of PUCCI dresses on Broadway & pick up items at "The Dream Hotel" ( Only one of Manhattans most luxurious hotels! )

.... this is only day 1. Next perhaps HARPERS magazine?!

Anyways... what I try to remember at tough times like these is the one silly quote I have my little sister to thank for  introducing me to....

" Never let the fear of striking out keep you
from playing the game"


Wish me luck! Few days till Christmas & my 18th birthday! Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment